Brazil and Burundi together for strengthening development research
Learning Tour to Brazil by Burundi’s Economic Development Institute (IDEC)
The Institute of Applied Economic Research (Ipea/SAE) is hosting a high-level delegate of Burundi’s Economic Development Institute (IDEC) for a period of four weeks in Brazil. The purpose of this Learning Tour is to enhance South-South dialogue on key development issues and challenges and to strenghten Burundi’s capacity in applied development research.
- Analysis of macroeconomic policies
- Governance and institutional development
- Private sector development, economic integration and trade policies
- Analysis of socio-economic and human development
- Development of economic and social statistics
The International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth (IPC-IG) is supporting this Learning Tour and will engage with IDEC’s representative in a series of meetings and discussions at its office in Brasilia. This will also include a Seminar at IPC-IG by Mr. Elias Sentamba, IDEC’s Senior Researcher, on “Development challenges and trends in Burundi: A South-South dialogue for inclusive growth”.
Tentative agenda for the Learning Tour at IPC-IG
- 7-11 February: Discussion with IPC-IG staff on priority areas and key issues for development research and practice
7 February– Monday
10:00 – Welcome meeting with Mr. Rathin Roy, Director of IPC-IG
- Presentation of IPC-IG’s focus areas
- Discussion on South-South Cooperation trends
15:00 – Seminar “Development challenges and trends in Burundi: A South-South dialogue for inclusive growth”
- Mr. Elias Sentamba, PhD in Political Science (Université de Pau); IDEC’s Senior Researcher
9 February – Wednesday
10:00 – Social protection, cash transfers and employment generation
- Discussion with IPC-IG’s Social Protection Team, lead by Mr. Fábio Veras, Senior Researcher
10 February – Thursday
10:00 – Rural and sustainable development
- Discussion with IPC-IG’s Rural and Sustainable Development Team, lead by Ms. Leisa Perch, Policy Specialist
11 February – Friday
15:00 – Visit to the Federal Senate
- Discussion with Ms. Tatiana Britto, Legislative Consultant, on public policies for social development in Brazil
- 14-18 February: Follow-up meetings with IPC-IG staff for in-depth discussion and strengthened collaboration with IDEC.
Meetings will be arranged upon request and depending on the availability of IPC-IG staff members.
Mr. Francisco Filho, Communications Officer
firstname.lastname@example.org – + 55 61 2105 5036