Jointly implemented by UNDP and the Brazilian Government, the online dialogues aim to generate an open, democratic discussion around practical and innovative sustainable development recommendations.
These discussions, and the recommendations they generate, will inform the ‘live’ Sustainable Development Dialogues to be held June 16-19 in Rio de Janeiro.
Facilitators from top international academic and research institutions are leading the online dialogues on ten themes at the heart of sustainable development:
• Food and nutrition security
• Sustainable development for fighting poverty
• Sustainable development as an answer to the economic and financial crises
• The economics of sustainable development, including sustainable patterns of production and consumption
• Sustainable cities and innovation
• Unemployment, decent work and migrations
They present a unique opportunity to engage civil society, the scientific community, youth, academia and the private sector ahead of the Rio+20 Conference. But a dialogue is only as strong as the views, opinions and expertise of those in conversation.
To help make these dialogues a success, please consider the following:
• Contribute your substantive expertise to one or more of the themes;
• Reach out to your core contacts in academia, civil society, communities, etc to encourage them to participate in the Dialogues;
• Help broaden the audience:
Click here to learn how to join!
Act now! Join the Dialogues at www.riodialogues.org